I just recieved about 300 yards of Hug Snug seam binding. So I thought I would give dying it a try. It is so easy and i’m loving the results. I used Tattered Angels sprays and the other sparkle sprays.
There are 4 batches in these photos made with the first set of directions.
First way of doing it that adds a little sparkle.....
- Cut about 3 - 5 yards of binding and place on a mat that you can make a mess on.
- Spray using your lightest color first flipping binding around.
- Spray with the next color until your happy with it. If you want to add more color then keep going but be careful to not make it muddy.
- If you want it to be super wrinkly wad it up in a ball and let it set to dry.
- All done
Second way of doing it....
- Cut ribbon/seam binding as above or to what ever size you need.
- On your mat put a few drops of re-inker in different spots then spray with some water. The more water the lighter it will be.
- Drop your ribbon/seam binding on to mat and roll/flip it around until your happy with the look. If it needs more color then set the ribbon to the side a little and do step 2 again.
- Let dry for a smoother ribbon or wad up in a ball for wrinkle ribbon.
Hope you enjoy all the pretty colors you make.