Followers

Friday, May 4, 2012

Queen Kat Design Team Call Application

Today I worked on cards to try out for a design team for Queen Kat Designs. To visit their store go here
I didn’t have any of theirs on hand that were current so I used this cute little girl with an attitude from Tiddly Inks, all 3 came from here. When I seen her I knew I had to play with her. I love the saying. I wanted it to have a cute sweet girly feeling with a touch of her attitude shining through. 
 I used some retired Stampin Up paper for the background. I embossed with a folder from Stampin Up.
I embossed the print and sanded some of the color off.
 Then I embossed the base and distressed it with Spun Sugar distress ink from Rangers.
Next I cut a doily with the new die from Stampin up.
                                   Tied the ribbon and then assembled it.
Cut her out after coloring her.
Placed her on the card with pop dots.

                Added the sentiment as a banner on the bottom. It has a wave in it.
    You just put pop dots in the center. Mine are stacked 2 high for more depth and support.
 Hope you enjoy her.
 Card two: When I seen the luggage and her I just knew the card I was going to create. It took a little bit to get the idea from my head to the paper, but I’m happy with it. Please enjoy the few pictures I took.



 This card is for all the people that need to stand out.  This is the first easel card I have made. It was much easier then I figured it would be. I made a few mistakes but you can’t tell.
                                                                A side view.
                                                                       Opened.
        Then I decided it needed some dash marks to make the edges stand out.



I hope you enjoyed my design team tryouts. You should check out Queen Kat Designs. They have so many cute stamps. I can’t wait for my order to arrive. 

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Great cards. Good luck with your entry, though I think those cards are all wonderful!

Unknown said...

Thank you Kathi. I’m so excited because I got on the team.